Men and women of all ages in Valdosta, Georgia can benefit from brow lift plastic surgery, also known as forehead lift. Brow lift surgery creates a more alert, open look to the eyes and brow, reducing loose skin above the eyes. A forehead lift can help you look years younger, reducing wrinkles and loose skin above the brow for a more youthful look.
Many patients in Valdosta, Georgia choose brow lift surgery to improve their vision, as excess skin above the eyes can actually impair vision.
Endoscopic brow lift is performed using an endoscope (surgical video device) and special instruments placed through small incisions made within the hairline. This allows the tissue and muscle beneath the skin to be repositioned, altered or removed, correcting the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead.
Valdosta, Georgia plastic surgeon Bridgett Moore, MD, will discuss your concerns with you and explain the details of brow lift (forehead lift) cosmetic surgery. She will take the time to understand the outcome that you want. There are a number of options to consider, including whether or not another facial procedure should be performed at the same time. She will work with you to determine a surgical plan that best suits your needs to create the results that you hope for.
- Outpatient surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are typically made behind the hairline.
- Technique involves lifting and repositioning the skin while removing excess fat and tightening muscles.
- Browlifts are typically performed on men and women over 40.
Who Is A Candidate?
- Individuals with forehead creases, drooping eyebrows/hooding over eyes, deep creases/frown lines between eyebrows.
- More rested, youthful appearance.
- Patients return home with a surgical dressing around the head and neck; dressing is generally removed in two – three days.
- Swelling and bruising is significantly reduced in seven – fourteen days, with full recovery in about three weeks.
- Typically, patients experience temporary numbness and headaches.
- Most patients return to work in seven – ten days.