Do you have an area of your body that is disproportionately thick or flabby? Perhaps you have inherited physical characteristics that you’ve always wished you could change. Have you found that a balanced diet and rigorous exercise isn’t enough to sculpt your figure? Consider liposuction to help you achieve the trim appearance you deserve, and the confidence that goes with it.
Liposuction (also called liposculpture) is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure in Valdosta, Georgia for women and men who wish to refine their shape to their ideal proportions. Through liposuction, you can show off the natural beauty and improve upon your body’s unique symmetry. Liposuction can also help you have the confidence to display the care you take to maintain your fitness and good health.
Valdosta, Georgia cosmetic surgeon Bridgett Moore, MD, performs liposuction on many parts of the body, including the buttocks, thighs, legs, arms, back, hips, and tummy or abdominal area. Board certified plastic surgeon Bridgett Moore’s techniques address stubborn fat deposits that resist your best efforts of diet and exercise. Liposuction can also be used on the neck and around the face. This technique can help you regain or reveal a fit, youthful appearance.
Women and men in Valdosta, Georgia have liposuction for many different reasons, including:
- To correct disproportionate body fat distribution
- To remove stubborn fat deposits
- To regain a youthful appearance
- Clothes do not fit properly or comfortably
- Improved self esteem and confidence
Valdosta, Georgia plastic surgeon Bridgett Moore, MD, will discuss your concerns with you and explain the details of liposuction cosmetic surgery. There are a number of options to consider, including whether or not another body procedure should be performed at the same time. Bridgett Moore, MD, offers you her compassionate guidance and careful attention to the details that matter most to you.
- Surgical procedure generally performed on an outpatient basis. Extensive procedures may require overnight stay.
- Removes unwanted localized fat deposits, improving body contour by utilizing small suction tubes, or “cannulas,” through tiny incisions in the affected area.
- Depending upon location, volume and other health factors general anesthesia, local anesthesia or an epidural may be used.
- Dr. Moore generally utilizes the tumescent technique in which target fat cells are injected with a saline solution containing a location anesthetic. This technique reduces bruising and swelling after the surgery.
- Common areas treated with liposuction include thighs and hips, followed by abdomen, legs, face and neck, arms and breasts.
Who Is A Candidate?
- Generally healthy individuals who are within a normal weight range or slightly overweight; this procedure is not used for “weight loss,” but rather, body contouring.
- While women account for the majority of procedures, primarily due to hip and thigh procedures, men utilize liposuction as well. Men often are interested in reshaping the flanks and the abdomen.
- Unwanted fat deposits removed
- A more shapely body with a pleasing contour
- Improved self esteem
- Patients wear a compression garment and dressing around the treated areas after the procedure to reduce swelling.
- The compression garment is generally worn for four – six weeks after the surgery.
- Bruising and swelling are significantly lessened in three – four weeks.
- Discomfort is normally controlled with oral medication.
- Most patients return to work in one – two weeks, with light activities as tolerated.
- Final results from this procedure are visible in three –six months.