Men and women of all ages in Valdosta, Georgia can benefit from eyelid lift plastic surgery. Eyelid surgery creates a more alert, open look to the eyes, reducing bags below the eyes or loose skin above the eyes. An eyelid lift can help you look years younger, reducing puffiness and baggy skin around the eyes for a more youthful look.
Many patients in Valdosta, Georgia choose eyelid surgery to improve their vision, as excess skin around the eyes can actually impair vision.
Valdosta, Georgia plastic surgeon Bridgett Moore, MD, will discuss your concerns with you and explain the details of eyelid lift cosmetic surgery. She will take the time to understand the outcome that you want. There are a number of options to consider, including whether or not another facial procedure should be performed at the same time. She will work with you to determine a surgical plan that best suits your needs to create the results that you hope for.
- Outpatient surgical procedure performed under local or general anesthesia.
- Incisions are typically made following the natural lines of the eyelids; in the creases of the upper lids and in the lashes of the lower lids.
- Technique involves excising the skin and removing excess fat.
- Eyelid surgery is typically performed on men and women over 35; however some patients with excess skin in their eyelids from genetics may want to have the procedure earlier.
Who Is A Candidate?
- Individuals with excess skin and fat, and/or pockets of fat in the upper and lower eyelids.
- More rested, youthful appearance.
- Patients need to keep their head elevated and rest quietly for 24 hours, and use cold compresses to reduce swelling during this time.
- Swelling and bruising reaches its peak in during the first 7 days and then begins to subside.
- Typically, patients experience burning/itching eyes, dry eyes, excessive tearing and sensitivity to light.
- Most patients return to work in seven – ten days.