A breast lift can enhance your natural beauty and create the healthy, youthful, confident appearance you desire. Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, helping you to regain your figure. A breast lift may also be recommended if your breasts have never been as perky as you’d like.
A breast lift can be combined with breast implant surgery. Consider this if your breasts have lost volume due to aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or significant weight loss. Women with uncomfortably large breasts who are considering breast reduction may find that a breast lift can improve their new profiles.
Women in Valdosta, Georgia have breast lift for many different reasons, including:
- Breasts have begun to sag due to aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss
- Bras are uncomfortable
- Lack of cleavage
- Desire for perkier breasts
- Desire for higher breast contour and profile
- Improved self esteem and confidence
Valdosta, Georgia plastic surgeon Bridgett Moore, MD, will discuss your concerns with you and explain the details of breast lift cosmetic surgery. There are a number of options to consider, including whether or not another breast procedure should be performed at the same time. Bridgett Moore, MD, offers you her caring, competent services because she wants you to feel your best. She takes great pride in her beautiful patients and their happiness.
- Outpatient surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia.
- To minimize the number of scars, Dr. Moore generally uses a technique known as the “vertical lift.” A single, vertical incision is made from the areola down to the crease under the breast; if there is an incision in the crease it is minimal.
- The nipple is repositioned, excess skin is removed and the breast is reshaped.
- Permanent scars around the areola and at the incision point(s) accompany this procedure; many patients find the scars fade with time.
Who is a candidate?
- Women with sagging breasts. Sagging breasts are commonly due to aging and/or breast changes due to pregnancies.
- Restore a more youthful shape and contour to the breasts.
- Improve body image.
- Place the nipple in a more appropriate position over the breast tissue.
Side Effects and Recuperation
- Permanent scars at incision points. Scars are still visible but fade over a period of several months to a year or more.
- Patients generally do not lose nipple sensation; but if it does occur, pre-surgical sensation levels return in most patients after 6 – 8 weeks.
- Breasts are bruised and swollen for several weeks following surgery.
- Oral pain medication is prescribed for initial discomfort
- Your breasts will be wrapped in a surgical dressing and you will wear a special compression bra around the clock during healing. The bra minimizes breast movement while the tissue and skin is healing.
- Light activities as tolerated; exercise 6 – 8 weeks after surgery.